AI/Machine Learning Engineer
At DigitalBridge we're always on the lookout for brilliant people to jump on board and help craft the next, most exciting, part of our story. As an award-winning computer vision and machine learning company who has recently secured substantial institutional investment, we're building industry-leading space planning and room visualisation tools to help people design beautiful living spaces irrespective of their design experience. It’s hard, but rewarding work.
Who are you?
- A curious and creative Research Scientist who feels comfortable using technology to solve difficult problems.
- You have practical experience working with machine learning and love to keep up-to-date in the field.
- You have a solid understanding of statistics, probability, linear algebra and calculus.
- You are a capable programmer and are comfortable coding in Python or C++.
- You have excellent communication skills that help you explain your complex ideas to others.
- You are passionate, motivated and proactive.
- You are a great team player.
- You have a PhD / MSc in AI, Machine Learning or similar discipline.
What does the opportunity look like?
As part of the team you will help design and develop machine learning algorithms to enhance our planning and visualisation tool. You’ll work closely with our product and engineering teams to propose and develop new features. We like creative people, who can propose new solutions that will make a difference. We are a relatively young company that always welcomes new exciting ideas.
Your role will consist of:
- Proposing solutions to complex problems
- Researching, devising and implementing novel and cutting-edge machine learning techniques to improve our bathroom planning and visualisation tool
- Producing high-quality code that allows us to put solutions into production
- Refactoring code into reusable libraries, APIs, and tools
- Helping shape the next generation of our product
What you will bring to the team:
- PhD degree in Machine Learning or a related quantitative field, or MSc in Computer Science (or related field) and some industry experience working on machine learning problems.
- Hands on experience using machine learning.
- Strong knowledge of machine learning techniques.
- Excellent coding skills. Python or C++ required.
- Good software engineering principles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in problem solving and debugging.
- Strong academic and research track record demonstrated through publication of papers in top scientific conferences and/or journals.
- Industry experience in the area or time spent working as a research scientist.
- Successfully delivered ML-driven products to market.
- Deep Learning knowledge.
- Good working knowledge of the tools in our dev stack, including Linux, AWS, Docker and Git.
- Fabulous office space
- A relaxed and informal working environment
- Central Manchester location
- Working with a diverse, talented team
- Competitive Salary
- Open holidays
- Pension scheme
- Health insurance
- Share options
- Flexible working
- Food for Thought!: Kitchen with free tea & coffee, soft drinks, cereal and fruit
- Great social activities
- Referral bonus - if someone you introduce joins the company
- Cycle To Work scheme
Equality of opportunity is at the heart of our recruitment process. You’ll be judged on your suitability for the job and nothing else.